Finding the perfect mattress is no simple task. And when you do find one you love, you have to ask the question: will your partner also love it? Sleeping has to be comfortable for both of you. If you and your partner have different sleep preference, you should consider a split bed.
What is a split bed?
A split bed is made up of two mattresses with two separate bases set up side by side. They are designed to be two halves of a whole and together come in Queen, King and California King sizes.
Is a split bed right for you? We’ve put together some pros and cons for you and your partner to consider.
- Can accommodate two different sleep preferences
- Allows partners to pick their unique comfort levels and mattress type
- Minimizes motion transfer from one side of the bed to the other
- A power base supports adjustable position (ex: one side can be flat while the other is raised up to support the back/head)
- Finding the right size bed frame, sheets or comforter may require a special order
- Not attaching the bases can result in the mattresses separating, which forms a space in between
Overall, split beds are a unique way to make sure you and your partner get the best sleep possible. They can be a great way to get the best sleep experience – without having to compromise.
Want more information about split beds? Give us a call! Or visit or store in Revere, MA.