Feeling restless? Try using one of these methods to get a better night’s sleep!
1. Have A Snack – Walnuts are loaded with sleep-inducing tryptophan which is an amino acid that helps with the production of melatonin and serotonin. These two chemicals that are naturally occurring in your body help to make your body sleepy and promote a good night’s sleep. Almonds are another sleep-inducing snack containing a lot of magnesium which is essential for a Good Night’s Sleep.
2. Drinks Some Tea – Tea has amazing health benefits in itself no matter what kind you drink, but sipping on some chamomile tea can help promote a healthy night’s sleep and relax you as it has natural sedative properties. Valerian root tea can also have the same effects – so the next time you’re feeling restless drink a cup of tea!
3. Aromatherapy – Certain scents have been proven to promote relaxation and induce sleep, as well as energize and refresh. An essential oil diffuser could be something that you keep next to your new bedside after you purchase your New Mattress for sleepless nights or as a new bedtime ritual. Inhaling the scent of lavender can help reduce stress and promote a healthy night’s sleep.
4. Proper Bedding – You all know the feeling of fresh sheets out of the dryer, right? Why not get yourself some fresh sheets out of the package! Come down to one of our Mattress Superstores and pick out some new bedding so you can sleep in luxury. Sheets can make a huge difference in the way you sleep and comfortability is key. Mattress Superstore has the quality and affordable bedding, sheets, duvets, and full sets for a perfect night’s rest!
5. Meditation – As you’ve heard everyone say – meditation and mindfulness can really help you center yourself and it scientifically can! There’s a couple of ways that you can practice meditation and mindfulness at home! You can start by keeping a gratitude journal. A gratitude journal helps you keep track of the things you’re grateful for. At the end of each day you write down 3 good things that happened, 3 things you’re wishful for tomorrow, and 3 things you’re grateful for. Meditation can be as simple as putting your feet on the floor and inhaling deeply until your muscles get less tense.
6. Exercise – Not only does exercising help for a healthy body but it also helps for a healthy mind and healthy sleeping habits. Try working out in the morning by going for a light run or walk. If you prefer to workout at night try getting in some exercise two to three hours before you’re ready to wind down. You’ll notice a difference in relaxation and how sleepy you are.
7. Get A New Bed – If you’re having trouble sleeping every night then your current mattress might be the issue. Try buying one of our top of the line and affordable mattresses. We offer everything from children’s mattresses, to guest room ideas, and mattresses to fit your budget. Whether you’re looking for a Luxury Mattress or something firm the Mattress Superstore has you covered! Even better? We offer delivery services so you don’t have to lift a finger!