What Your Sleep Position Says About You and Your Health
We all have our own go-to position we get into when laying in bed. It's the position that's most comfortable for us, and usually the position that we fall asleep most easily in. When you find the perfect mattress, it's like this sleep position is shaped to it. Having a comfortable mattress allows you to have a full, restful nights sleep and that comfortable sleep position helps get you there. But is that sleep position safe? Some positions can be good for your health, while others may cause health problems down the road.
So, what does your sleep position say about you and your health?The Freefall: laying on your stomach with your head turned to one side, and your arms above your head/around your pillow.
- Personality: extroverted and brash
- Health: good for digestion
- Personality: tough on the outside, shy and sensitive at heart
- Health: sleeping on your left side can cause stress on your liver, stomach and lungs, so opt for the right side
- Personality: social and easygoing
- Health: watch the left side (see above!) but this position keeps the spine straight which can ease back problems
- Personality: quiet and reserved
- Health: sleeping on your back may lead to snoring, difficulty breathing and overall a bad night's sleep